Install Midnight Commander on ClearOS 7+
GNU Midnight Commander (also known as mc) is a free and visual file manager, licensed under GNU General Public License. It is a clone of Norton Commander. It was started by Miguel de Icaza in 1994. It’s a feature rich full-screen text mode application that allows you to copy, move and delete files and whole directory trees, search for files and run commands in the subshell. Internal viewer and editor are included.
Midnight Commander is quite powerful and boasts an extensive set of features:
- Performs all the common file and directory manipulations such as copying, moving, renaming, linking, and deleting.
- Allows manipulation of file and directory permissions.
- Can treat remote systems (via FTP or SSH) as though they were local directories.
- Can treat archive files (like .tar and .zip) as though they were local directories.
- Allows creation of a user-defined “hotlist” of frequently used directories.
- Can search for files based on file name or file contents, and treat the search results like a directory.
Install Midnight Commander (mc) On Centos / RHEL / Fedora Linux / ClearOS
# yum -y install mc
How do I use mc?
Simply type the following command:
NOTE : Midnight Commander also support your mouse device 😉